Welcome to Portland Week! I realized that while I share so much about all the places I visit, I often don’t share as much here on Land of Marvels about my amazing home city of Portland, Oregon which is becoming a tourist destination in its own right. With an amazing food scene, incredible landscapes and a really livable downtown, Portland is an up-and-coming destination with so much to offer. All week I’ll be giving you local advice and information on how to make your visit to Portland the best it can be!
Portland is a great for a city escape any time of the year and while you might hear people droning on about our rainy and cold Winters, honestly I think Portland has something for everybody all year long. While yes, our Winters are rainy and gray usually, sometimes with snow, the city also has a lot to do indoors too so you really can’t go wrong! Here is everything you need to know and what to do in Portland per season, so that no matter when you visit, you’ll know just what to do!
- Stroll the Riverfront Park
- Day-trip to the Coast
- Dine Al Fresco at any number of Portland’s amazing restaurants
- Grab ice cream at Cool Moon in the Pearl
- Saturday mornings at the Farmers Market
- Rent a BikeTown bike to get around the city
- Wander the tree-lined streets of NW as the leaves change or Tanner Springs Park in the Pearl
- Spend a Saturday morning at the Farmer’s Market rummaging through Pumpkins and Squash
- Explore the Japanese Garden and see the Fall colors in full swing
- Take a stroll through the South Park Blocks near the Art Museum for Autumn foliage at its peak
- Stroll NW 23rd under the Christmas lights
- Check out the giant Christmas tree in Pioneer Square downtown
- Sip hot chocolate from Moonstruck or Cacao
- Hide from the rain (or snow) in Powell’s Books
- Check out the tree lined streets with pink blossoms in the old neighborhoods off of NW 23rd
- Visit the Rose Test Garden to see the roses in bloom
- Drive South for the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival
- Take a day to explore the Portland Zoo as baby animals are coming alive
- Wander the Riverfront Park as the cherry blossoms are blooming
Headed to my home town of Portland?
Check out our Portland Travel Guide in the Land of Marvels Shop for only $5!