Summer in Europe is beautiful and there are so many amazing places to see but it can often be hard to pack for multiple destinations and varying weather in different places. For this specific trip, we headed to London for a few days, then traveled all around France both in cities and small towns, and then spent a couple days in Geneva, Switzerland. Most of the days it was fairly hot however there were also a few days where it was cooler and even rained a few times so when packing, I tried to have different outfits for different weather. We also did all of this in carry-on for 10 days plus I left room in my bag to shop in Europe which I did end up bringing home several items. Here is what to wear in London, France, and Switzerland in the Summer and how to create several outfits for your trip!
And if you need advice for visiting different places around the destinations where we went – here is everything you’ll need to know:
What to Pack:
- Dresses and skirts are my go-to’s for Summer in Europe. I like this better than shorts as Europeans dress up more than Americans and I like to look like I fit in a little more with the locals.
- Light weight fabrics like linen are great for the Summer heat.
- Bring a sweater that can serve as something warmer if the weather is cooler in a location – I wore my large sweater on the plane with leggings so it didn’t take up space in my luggage.
- I love a denim jacket for Europe in the Summer and this year I brought my white denim jacket which was great because it matched everything.
- A hat is great in place like Provence where it gets really hot. I love this hat clip for your luggage that I used on this trip!
- For shoes, I brought only 2 pairs: my Converse and my sandals – between the 2 of them I was fine the whole trip.
- I always pack a reusable bag to have with me that I can take when we go to markets and things during the day.
What I Wore:
Cambridge Satchel Company Purse (similar)
Heading to these destinations?